The idea of this blog is to share ideas for using hand-made pots to serve good food.

Eating with friends and family is one of life’s greatest pleasures. I hope to show how the warmth and character of hand made ceramics can really enhance the pleasure of cooking, serving and eating food.

This blog will include pots from other potters as well as my own and recipes for the food which I enjoy, hoping that you will like it too.

Friday 9 November 2012

Stuffed mushrooms



This is another photo from my Pots and Food Calendar 2013.  The platter is the same one which I used for the Pavlova in June.  Those lovely cherry tomatoes love my pots, especially the ones with a dark green or dark blue rim, which show them off beautifully.

This recipe is one which I have used for many years, originally from the Observer, I think.  The tomatoes are stuffed with a mixture of bread-crumbs, an egg, some chopped tomato, crushed garlic, grated parmesan, olive oil, parsley and the chopped stalks of the mushrooms.  The mixture is topped with some extra bread-crumbs and drizzled with olive oil, then baked in a moderate oven for about 15 minutes.  Great for a starter and substantial enough for a main course, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment