- Roughly chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan and add the chopped onion. Fry over a gentle heat until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile chop the celery, peel and chop the carrots, potato and butternut squash into small chunks.
- Add the chopped vegetables and stock, plus enough water to cover the vegetables comfortably.
- Season with a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Liquidize the soup to a smooth consistency and serve with a swirl of cream and a sprinkling of finely chopped parsley.
The idea of this blog is to share ideas for using hand-made pots to serve good food.
Eating with friends and family is one of life’s greatest pleasures. I hope to show how the warmth and character of hand made ceramics can really enhance the pleasure of cooking, serving and eating food.
This blog will include pots from other potters as well as my own and recipes for the food which I enjoy, hoping that you will like it too.